Monday, November 16, 2009

Kids in the Field

For me, one of the hardest and most joyful experiences when I am in the field is having my kids with me.  I have been fortunate that two of my children have spent time with me while at work.  I have no doubt that both have gained from the experience as much as I have.





My daughter Anna, who is now 19 and a college sophomore studying marine science never liked the outdoors much before I took her into the field - she was nine when her father and I married and I wasted no time toting her to the field.  Now she has adventures on her own and loves the new life she is embarking on.






My son Jack, now 5 1/2 is a constant whenever possible in the field.  In particular I think it is important for young women contemplating a family and a career to see that is possible.  It is not always easy but it is possible and often quite joyful when the kids opt to be part of the team right along with the students.


I highly recommend the experience.  AC

No comments:

Post a Comment